20 November 2009

Very Berry Dissapointing

I wanna know what Selecta meant by "generous" because 6 Baguio (read: miniscule) strawberries in an 800ml tub doesn't count as generous, at least for me.

But then why am I surprised, I remembered when this ice cream came out a few months (?) back, I wondered how long will it take for this to devolve into pink-coloured vanilla ice cream.

OK, so i can still taste the "strawberry purée" in the ice cream but I still want more strawberry bits in there. At 160/800ml it's not so bad, I mean, for that price that's like a scoop at Haagen Daaz, so I don't completely hate Selecta's Very Berry (?) Strawberry. It's not completely pink-coloured vanilla yet so grab one now while it still tastes (somewhat) like strawberry.

I still prefer Haagen's strawberry ice cream though, even with the ridiculous prices (let's all blame the taxes) just cos I get strawberry bits in every scoop, with Selecta's I went through a third of the tub before finding the real fruit.

Michellan rating for Selecta Very Berry Strawberry:



Get this if you don't want to spend obscene amounts of money for you ice cream - it's almost as good as Haagen Daz's strawberry ice cream, but not as good.

- Kristine

2 comments:

  1. Their Hazelnut Brownie also sucks.. at least the Chocolate Truffles was alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Leona, The chocolate truffle's too rich though. I can't even finish a scoop. *that* rich, but I guess it's perfect for chocolate lovers.

    - Kristine

    ReplyDelete