15 May 2010

Here Comes the Bride



Ok, as elitist as this sounds, I am not a fan of local films especially comedic ones, because I seriously still think people needed that wonk-wonk-wonk score to cue the laughter. (Hey they also thought Willie or those old farts at Eat Bulaga are funny/entertaining, so I don't just believe ANYONE) But when smart friends start raving about Here Comes the Bride, I sit up and take notice.

The storyline is pretty lame. A convoy crashed their cars on some electromagnetic field during a solar eclipse and then 5 personalities woke up not quite themselves. How Jaime Fabragas, Eugene Domingo, Angelica Panganiban, John Lapus and Tuesday Vargas brought life to their characters was the highlight of the film - Angelica especially, for one, played her role of gay image consultant trapped in her body really well.



I give 4 stars for for Here Comes the Bride because it's funny all throughout that I didn't realise 2 hours had passed, but  I think the writer thought of the characters and then create a story out of it. So watch it for the laughs, but don't expect nods from the local award-giving bodies. Then again I heard MMFF and others have a questionable reputation so...

No comments:

Post a Comment